Introduction to my Plans of Escape

Travelling has always been one of my great passions, visiting countries, experiencing new culture and meeting new people. I brush on it occasionally in my blog (Here) but never really go into much detail. So I have decided to create this blog, imposing upon the travelling writers of the internet with my most excellent (In teh words of Bill and Ted) tales of adventure and plans of prosperity.

My only hope is that with the help of my readers, possible sponsors and gratefully received donations I will be able to afford to visit countries as far flung as Australia. After each journey I will give full accounts of my travels, the people I met and the places I saw.

Thursday 26 June 2008

Tip of the Day - Be Careful of Your Name

I have been talking quite a lot to this French girl recently (Ohlala) who after 6 months of knowing me has only just informed me that in french my name, Oli, when said is often interpreted by French people as Au Lit.

This infact means goto bed.

Hence why when the French girl introduced me to her French friend as Oli while pointing her finger in my direction she seemed quite taken aback, I can only assume that this is because she thought my French friend was telling her to goto bed with me.

To make maters worse if I use my full name, Oliver, and say it in an English accent it sounds in French more like the feminine 'Olive'.

From now on in any visit to France I will take the pseudonym Frank.

No comments: